- UConn Expert on National Physical Activity Guidelines TeamMarch 2, 2018 Issue of UConn Today Committee members volunteered for the task because of a belief in the impact this report will have on our country’s health as well as internationally for the next 10 years, says UConn's Linda Pescatello. uthoring an 800-page report that represents a systematic review of the scientific literature surrounding […]
- Faculty Introduction: Linda S. PescatelloAs a Professor of Kinesiology at the University of Connecticut (UConn), Storrs and a current researcher in the field, I focus on the study of exercise prescription to optimize health benefits. Through in-depth research, assessment and collaboration with my colleagues, we have since developed what is known as the online graduate ExRxcertificate program. Designed around […]
- P3-EX: Individualized Exercise PrescriptionIndividualized treatment, prescribing exercise and creating targeted plans to optimize health on every scale, has been the main goal of my work for many years. When it comes to diagnosing and treating specific conditions within patients, each individual factor needs to be considered when designing a plan for their health, which is not always a […]
2022 Summer Carillon Concerts On The Lawn5:00pm
Sunday, June 26th, 2022
05:00 PM - 06:00 PM
Storrs Campus Storrs Congregational ChurchStorrs Congregational Church presents a Summer Carillon Concerts on the Lawn Series.
Bring your own picnic and chairs to this rain or shine event. There will be video and live-stream available. Restrooms located inside the building.
Contact Information: 860-429-9382More
Summer Art Academy - It’s A Jungle In Here: Animals In Art9:30am
Monday, June 27th, 2022
09:30 AM - 12:30 PM
Storrs Campus The William Benton Museum of ArtJune 27 - July 1
It’s a Jungle in Here: Animals in Art
$150 non-member/$140 museum member (cost for the week)
Learn about the layers of the rainforest and the creatures who call this place home. Participants will enter a tropical realm and sculpt poison dart frogs, build jungle treehouse sculptures, paint spirit animals, and design pastel toucans.
Space is limited for each session; reserve your place today by contacting Mollie Sixsmith, Curator of Education,
at 860-486-1711 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contact Information: email@example.comMore
Keep It Simple: Organizing Content In HuskyCT11:00am
Monday, June 27th, 2022
11:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Other OnlineKeep it Simple: Organizing Content in HuskyCT
Presenter: Jordan Vinikoor, CETL-EdTech
A clear and well-structured course allows students to understand how content is organized and easily navigate wherever they need to.
This session covers strategies for designing your HuskyCT course and organizing your content, tools, and assessments including:
- Streamlining the Course Menu
- Organizing content in Content Folders vs Learning Modules
- Controlling content visibility for students
- Options for adding multimedia elements to your course
- Other HuskyCT organizational tools
All levels of experience and questions are welcome!
Monday, June 27, 11:00-12:00
Register - https://fins.uconn.edu/secure_inst/workshops/workshop_view.php?ser=2537
Contact Information: firstname.lastname@example.orgMore
|Address:||000 Storrs Ave. |
Storrs, CT 06269